About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

Good morning everyone!  Today starts a new two week challenge over at the Sisterhood of Crafters hosted by my wonderfully crafty Sister Darlene.  I would like just to make a quick shout out to her and thank her for all she does for the Sisterhood.  She is the one who does all the work behind the scene and keeps everyone and everything on track.  I don't know how she does it! I know I would be lost without her!

Well now onto the fun stuff.  The theme she picked is "It's Beginning to look a Lot Like Christmas".  This one should be easy enough since we are all (if you celebrate it) are probably crafting away in hopes to get ready for the Holiday season.  



For this challenge I thought I would actually work ahead on some little gifts for my twins to give out during the holidays.  I made these Easel Post-It note holders following the tutorial I found HERE.  It is a super easy tutorial to follow and very easy to make several of these at one time.  I printed out several of these adorable digis that I got from Craftin' Desert Divas called Hot Cocoa Bear. It was fun to just sit down with the sheet and color a bunch at once.  

I was kinda mad because I loved the coloring I did on one of them.  Don't ask me how but somehow without even going very far I lost two of my markers!! I was so mad, and wasted my time looking for them.  I finally gave up and had to move on with different colors.  On a side note, almost 3 weeks later I still have not found them!! 

I did a couple of different sentiments on them.  I used the "Tis' the Season" sentiment from CDD's Simply Christmas stamp set, "Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas" from CDD's Get Your Jingle On and last but not least, "A Cuppa Thanks" from CDD's Got Coffee stamp set. All the sentiments I embossed with black embossing powder.


This is how they look when they are folded flat as well as propped up. To give the layer with the bears on them a bit more detail I used my Pocket Pieces HI die set for the stitched rectangle frame. 

These make perfect little gifts, especially for teachers or anyone in the office environment during the holiday season.  Just a little gift to put a smile on their face everyday to let them know they are loved and appreciated!

I hope you come on over to the Sisterhood of Crafters and play along with our new challenge.  I would love to see what you create!

Have a great day & HAPPY CRAFTING!


1 comment: