About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Sending Sunshine........

Good morning y'all!  Today I am here to share with you a card I made with the recently released Autumn Wishes stamp set from Craftin' Desert Divas.  If you haven't done so already, you need to go on over to their store. OMG she redid the whole store and it is just gorgeous and super easy to shop and browse.  

When I saw the sunflower for some reason the first thought I had was to make a sort of Clean and Simple card with it. Believe it or not, for some reason I struggle with CAS cards.  I don't know why since it should be easier, right???? I tend to think it looks to plain and that I need to add more. This is what I came up with. This card can be used as a Get Well, Keep your Chin up,Sympathy, Thinking of you...etc., etc.  It is simple but I think it packs a punch and hopefully puts a smile on the recipient's face.

 These kinda cards are great to have in your stash since they can be sent to someone for various reasons. I just love the versatility of that gorgeous sunflower, don't you??

I used my Spectrum Noir markers to color these sunflowers in.  These could also easily be paper pieced and a button used for the center.  This set also comes with a matching die set which you can get HERE. I didn't use the dies on this set because I was going for a flat and simple look. It would look really neat if you took just the head of the sunflower and cut it out with the svg, then used a pop dot to have the flower head pop up a bit. I am laughing because as I type this I am thinking to myself, "Darn it, why didn't I do that on this card??" lol  See, there are so many ways a single stamp can be used! You will be seeing more of these flowers in the near future for sure!

Happy Crafting!


This set can be used for other things besides Autumn.  I love that about stamp sets, being able to use certain elements for other seasons or reasons than just the one.


2 comments: