About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Monochromatic challenge over at the Sisterhood of Crafters

Good morning y'all!  There are two types of cards that I always have struggled with, monochromatic and CAS (clean and simple). As far as they both go I never know if I am doing it right. I always seem to over think or over do my cards which is why I struggle with the CAS cards.  

Well today there is a new challenge over at the Sisterhood of Crafters.  The challenge is being hosted by my fellow SOC DT Sister Darlene.  The theme she chose was "Monochromatic".

 I honestly cringed at first because it was out of my comfort zone.  But then I remembered some paper I just received from Simple Stories Color Vibe Lights line.  The double sided paper I thought was perfect for this challenge.  Don't ask me why but I decided to combine my most feared cards into one...lol.  

So here is my take on the challenge while at the same time combining it was a CAS card (not really sure this is an actual CAS card but for me it is!).


The card itself is from SVG CUTS Carousel Ride kit. While looking for the paper I found some stickers from October Afternoon that I thought matched perfectly.  I used one of my Spellbinders dies to make a base for the stickers and label.  Next I thought to add some flowers or something but decided to just keep it simple, Shocking for me!!

I gotta say, Thanks to my friend Darlene, I may have actually gotten over my fears!

I hope  you all come on over and play along with our MONOCHROMATIC challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters.  We do have four new Sisters that joined our Design Team and you need to come on over and check out their creativity!! They are awesome!!

Have a great day, and HAPPY CRAFTING!!

Hugs,
Lisa

6 comments:

  1. I just love the papers you chose for this challenge! Monochromatic is so out of my comfort zone but I have a new appreciation for it now for sure. Your card is so easy on the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the papers you chose for this challenge! Monochromatic is so out of my comfort zone but I have a new appreciation for it now for sure. Your card is so easy on the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly nailed the monochromatic with this beauty!!! I LOVE the design and what a clever way to use the two sided paper, now why didn't I think of that...I too "cringed" when I read Dar's choice for the challenge, but I guess that we can say we were really "challenged" eh?..LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so classy and elegant yet so simple! I don't think you are challenged at all in monochromatic cards! xx Sandi Lee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh LisaB you NAILED this challenge theme! I totally LOVE your design ... perfect for a man or a woman! I love that we are all able to inspire and challenge each other ... YOU ROCKED this challenge my friend!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also LOVE this design! It is so trendy and gorgeous! Great card.

    ReplyDelete