About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Come fly away.....With the Sisterhood!

Good morning y'all!  My life has been a whirlwind for sure, and that is an understatement. It felt so good to take a time out and sit down to play with some of my new crafty tools I picked up.  I bought a new set of punches from Martha Stewart not to long ago, but I haven't had time to play with them yet. 

There is a new challenge that starts today over at the Sisterhood of Crafters with a theme of "Come Fly Away with me".  The challenge is to make anything that flies.  For example, Airplanes, kites, balloons, butterflies, fairies, insects, birds etc. Perfect timing I thought to pull out my new Punches!

I just had fun with this one.  I have recently reorganized my scrap drawers (yes, I have SEVERAL) and I have them right next to me.  I have been trying to focus on using some of them up.  Grabbed some scraps I had leftover from October Afternoon to make this card.


I cut my paper to 6x6 in order to the the all around the page border punch. I added some dimensionals to pop up the die cut/border punched paper, used my Butterfly punch on the smaller scraps and some of my PaperTrey Ink stamps.


For this card I believe the scrap that was left over of this Kite paper is from Doodlebug.  This is a smaller 4x4 card I cut and just punched one side of the card base. The sentiment is from another PaperTrey Ink stamp set.  This would be a cute card to add to a little gift or just a little note to cheer up someone's day.

I hope to see you all "flying" over to the Sisterhood to play along with our new challenge!

Have a great day, and HAPPY CRAFTING!


4 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Gorgeous cards! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are fabulous Lisa! Glad you had some time to 'play' ...
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful and such great keepsakes. Thank you for you kind comments. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete