About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Craftin' Desert Divas Linky Party

Hey everyone! I wanted to share with you these projects that I made with some paper that I fell in love with.  I loved all the bright colors.  It is funny how tastes change.  I used to be all about Neutrals and fall colors.  Now I like bright colors.  And I used to hate teal.  Well now I love teal.  Especially red and teal. Craftin' Desert Divas is having a Linky party so I made some projects to play along.  I will be sharing another one tomorrow.

I took the Gable box from SVG Cuts Classic Gift Boxes kit and shrunk it down so I can get two boxes from one sheet of 12x12 paper.  The chick is from their Bunny Hop kit.  I used it because it fit perfectly with the squareness of the head.  Then I used my oval SU Oval and Butterfly punches along with some SU ribbon.




I found a 1" circle punch and punched out some sentiments that I stamped from Craftin' Desert Divas SIMPLY SAID stamp set.  They fit perfectly into the circle!! I was going to add a tag but I liked the different elements, levels and shapes when I added the circle so I left it that way.  I of course had to finish it off with a face from Peachy Keen Stamps APRIL 2013 Stamp of the Month kit.

What you can't see is the other one in the background.  I cut out two each in orange, teal, pink and green.  These would make cute favors or Thank you gifts. They maybe small but you can get a bunch of candy or a small gift in there.

5 comments:

  1. Adorable gable boxes, those little chicks are so adorable! Thanks so much for joining us as our guest designer over at CDD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are too cute!! Great sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete